Have you ever wanted to learn how to hit your hybrid farther and have maximum ball control with each shot? If you’re like us, we are all in. We asked PXG Troop and Teaching Professional Edgar Evans to share valuable tips on increasing the compression of the club face to the ball while creating maximum distance with your hybrid.
THE GOLF TEE DRILL
- Avoid trying to hit up on the ball while using a hybrid. This creates an inconsistent contact at impact and ball flight.
- Embed a tee into the ground and without a ball – take multiple practice swings while deliberately hitting the tee in order to get used to compressing the ball and swinging downward.
- After taking multiple practice swings without the ball – begin incorporating the same drill while hitting golf balls.
- While setting up to the ball, make sure the ball is aligned with your leading collar bone.
- Have a wider stance than usual – this will help balance out your swing, so you are not hitting too high or low on the ball.
HOW TO HIT DIFFERENT TYPES OF SHOTS WITH YOUR HYBRID
Hitting different types of shots (aka shaping shots) with any club is a combination of both grip and foot placement. As Edgar pointed out, “Golf is a game of opposites. If I want to hit it to the right, I just take my left hand and I turn it left.” Opening or closing your grip is an effective way to help shape your golf shots.
It is important to understand that switching your grip often is not recommended. Please talk with a teaching professional in order to get expert advice on your swing.
ABOUT OUR 0311 PXG GEN5 HYBRID
PXG’s all-new GEN5 0311 Hybrid should be illegal for how many bombs this club produces. GEN5 Woods (Drivers, Fairways, Hybrids) are equipped with the all-new Full Aluminum Vapor (AV) carbon fiber crown for optimal center-of-gravity and forgiveness. The supported weight structure design positions our Precision Weighting Technology to the perimeter of the clubhead and anchors the weight ports to the outer wall. That sophisticated internal geometry helps produce an incredible sound and feel. The HT1770 stainless steel face delivers improved deflection for maximum ball speed and forgiveness.
WANT TO ADD OUR GEN5 HYBRID TO YOUR BAG?
Schedule a PXG fitting today and get a one-on-one professional analysis by one of PXG’s expert fitters. To book your hybrid fitting, give us a call at 1.844.FIT.4PXG. Our PXG Fitting Specialists will answer any questions you have and help you book a fitting at the PXG Retail Store or fitting location that’s right for you.
If you prefer, you can also book your appointment online using our easy scheduling tool. Click here to find a location near you, then simply choose a fitting type, day, and time that works for you.